Thursday, November 17, 2011

Schmentitlement

On October 23, 2011, I surrendered my rights to many things on the World Race. 
 
Because we’re not entitled to anything. 
 
Because things will most definitely be different from what we expect. 



They told us to give it up.



This is not about you. 


 
So here are a few things on which I’m throwing in that towel… for the next year, at least.  Ha.



 
I give up my right to the same route.
I give up my right to the same teammates.
I give up my right to know all the plans.
I give up my right to have rights.
To be alone…  (eek)
To keep my secrets.
To individualism.
To my personal belongings…
To be right.
To (try to) be prettier, smarter, cooler, or more spiritual than you.
To have 1,000 comments per blog post (although that would be super awesome).
To (try to) deal with my crazy on my own.
To find a husband on the World Race.
To a civilized toilet.
To a civilized sleeping arrangement.
To civilization.
To a daily cup of coffee.
To be comfortable.
To share my negative opinions about others, with others.
To base my worth and identity on your opinions of me.
To sit on the sidelines (most of the time…).
To remain the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment